Care, Maintenance & Warranty.
Thank you for purchasing a Wiwiurka handmade product
Our workshop’s philosophy is based on the quality, beauty and aesthetics of products made by hand, with love, care and responsibility.
You can trust that our products have been designed and improved based on usage experiences by children of the recommended age for each one, with top-quality materials.
We use FSC Birch Plywood, imported from Europe. Final touches and finishings (depending on the item) are made with water-based, non-toxic acrylic paint, matte water-based sealant.
We provide a one-year warranty as of the delivery date. Wiwiurka will not provide a refund or replacement pieces if there is damage resulting from alteration, misuse, improper assembly and/or from the disregard of our use and maintenance recommendations:
- Overall, the wood is not treated for outdoor use without a special treatment. None of our climbing structures should be used outdoors (except for the wooden rope climbers, swings and trapeze bars for outdoors). If the item needs to go outside you may apply a treatment to avoid contact with water/humidity and you should protect the item against sunlight. Weathering may cause effects of moisture and cracking decreasing the item’s lifespan significantly.
- To clean Wiwiurka’s climbing furniture use a dry, soft cloth for items in natural finish (unpainted or in color) without sealant. If sealant was applied to the climbing furniture you may use a slightly damp cloth with no side effects.
- Avoid contact with water since this will damage the Wood; contact with liquids may wash-out the paint leaving stains.
- For climbers, trapeze bars and swings, which can be made for outdoor use, we suggest to apply an outdoors treatment once a year to keep the item in the best conditions. During the rainy and snow seasons they should be safeguarded to avoid shortening the lifespan.
- Products finished with natural or vegetal materials can be treated with a coat of coconut oil or beeswax in order to extend the lifespan.
- Products such as playsilks and crocheted items should be hand washed and left to dry in the sun. Do not use bleach or tumble dry.
You may request replacement wooden or hardware pieces, which may represent a mínimum cost depending on the reason for the need.
Any fault or inconvenience at delivery should be notified immediately to follow up and provide a solution.